Nymph & Lake 6pcs
Elevation Rods utilises the very latest in material and pattern technology, as well as featuring several more environmentally friendly components, these rods are revolutionary. We have now started the journey towards more sustainable products at Guideline and this rod series will show the way for future rod production.
We have worked hard and into the details to do whatever is possible to make these rods the best choice for those anglers who care about the environment. The new rod blank development process eliminates any unnecessary material in each section. It also gives us the possibility to monitor power in every part of the blank much more accurately than before.
These rods are extremely light and responsive (9’ #5 is 72g / 2,53oz), and yet the strongest standard rods we have created. In general the rods have a sensitive and protective tip that is very stable and crisp, with a smooth progressive curve further down the blank with a powerful butt section. The action is easy to cast, forgiving and produce accurate casts at high line speed. The rods have great line feel and you will easily connect to the rod to all types of casts. Summed up these are top modern rods with light feel and an action that suits anglers at all levels.
ELEVATION 10’ 6” #3 Nymph Edition – 6pc. A light weight 6-piece nymph rod with a well-balanced and crisp action, weighing in at 89 grams. A unique, travel friendly rod with down-locking reel seat and custom designed cork grip and butt. The action is crisp and very easy to manage even for the intermediate skill level of nymphing anglers. We have made sure to build the tip with a balanced flex that will cushion violent shakes and bursts from aggressive, large fish even on delicate tippets. There are some upgraded rod details on Elevation rods also. The surface of the blank has a new matte coating created by using a specially treated shrink tape during production. This eliminates any excessive grinding or buffing of the blanks as well..
ELEVATION 11’ #6/7 Stillwater – 6pc. A rod developed especially for the boat-style fishing with fly rigs that is a tradition in Lochs and Reservoirs in Ireland and other areas of UK. Deep powerful action that supports casting and sweep style fishing with long leaders and multiple flies. There are some upgraded rod details on Elevation rods this year. The surface of the blank has a new matte coating created by using a specially treated shrink tape during production. This eliminates any excessive grinding or buffing of the blanks as well. Weight of the rod is only 113 grams..
THE MORE ECO FRIENDLY DETAILS
- No more grinding or buffing of blanks. Surface has new matte coating with a soft spiral pattern by using a specially treated recycable PP Shrink Tape.
- New, improved grips of 3A cork without rubber cork reinforcements. This reduces the levels of epoxy-resins needed in the grips.
- Metal parts of reel seats are “clear anodized” which is the least toxic process possible when using aluminium reel seats. We use no chrome (lead) or paint in the anodizing bath.
- For the coatings on blank, guides and the mounting glue for grips and reel seat, we use a bio-based low-toxic Epoxy, tested and approved with extremely low levels of regulated chemicals. This also adds to a better working atmosphere in the assembly phase of production, reducing health hazardous odours to a minimum.
- Rods are mounted with light wire single leg guides and KW style stripper guides. We use a gun smoke powder coat finish on a stainless frame. Best sustainable choice, still hard and with no chrome plating, which contains lead.
- Rod bag and rod tube cover are made of recycled REPREVE™ polyester.
- The rod tubes are made of recycable Polypropylene (PP), they are lighter and have 20% lower diameters than standard PVC tubes. This will save space and money when rods are transported both from the factory and by the user. Given its durability and the possibility to melt and reform into plastic pellets, PP is both reusable and recyclable for producing new goods.
- All rods are 6-piece.
REPREVE™ is the leading, most trusted, branded performance fibres made from recycled materials (including plastic bottles). Buy products made with REPREVE™ to make a difference.
|Model||Lenght||Class||Weight||Parts||Handle||Rec. head weight|
|Elevation 1063||10´6″||#3||89g||6 pc||Half wells & microbutt||7-9g / 110-140 grains|
|Elevation 1167||11´||#6/7||113g||6 pc||Full wells & butt||17-19g / 260-290 grains|