The Coastal is the reference line for coastal and flats fishing around the globe. Coating specially adapted for fishing during the cooler part of the season. Taper and design gives long casts and are optimized to turn over well in windy conditions.
Despite its name, we also want to highlight the Coastal as a super-fine alternative for the fisherman who chases rainbow trout and trout in still water. As on the coast, you often come across windy days that require you cast into a stiff headwind, and it is striking often that the wind drives food on the wind side and that is where you find the fish. To fish a nymph or streamer just below the surface is often very effective, and when the line goes down just below the turbulent surface it gives good contact with the fly.
The brand new Coastal Evolve WF fly line has arrived! It has an optimized taper with slightly more mass in the front part. It result in an effortless turn over the fly in harsh conditions. This line is designed for sea trout, stripped bass, mullet and other coastal and flats species that require long, careful and precise presentations regardless of the weather conditions. The new Coastal-Evolve has an improved and thinner shooting line to give less friction in the guides. This improvement will allow you to make longer casts, especially in difficult conditions. The head color of the Slow Intermediate is Ice Green while the head of Fast Intermediate is a slightly darker Sea Green. The shooting line is a clearly visible Sunrise Yellow that makes it easy to recognize where the taper of the head ends and the shooting line starts.
The coating is the same memory-free, smooth and durable type that many recognize from the previous version of the Coastal-Evolve. The line has a Direct Contact core with only 5% stretch, which means that you have excellent contact with the fly and feel the slightest pull and bump from the fish. PVC-free coating without softener and a durability in a class of its own makes the Coastal-Evolve a good environmental choice. Factory welded loops in the front and back make it easy to place a drawer and connect the cable to the reversing via loop system.
- Slow Intermediate has a sink rate of 1.25cm / second. The discrete color of the head together with the density means that the line stays just below the surface and does not create shadows and wakes on the surface. This makes it the perfect weapon for spooky fish in shallow water.
- Fast Intermediate has a sink rate of 3.8cm / sec and thus goes down somewhat deeper. It´s a great choice when you want to fish off edges and deeper parts, or when you fish wants a high speed fly.
- Float will do the job in shallow waters, during slow retrieves or when fish are feeding on or just below the surface. Because of the powerful turnover without being “splashy”, this line is a super choice for stillwater fishing as well, especially when you fish streamers or larger nymphs.
- Thinner shooting line for long, frictionless cast.
- Optimized taper with more mass in the front.
- Sharper color difference between the shooting line and the head.
- Factory welded loops in front and back.
- Direct Contact core with only 5% stretch.
- Environmentally friendly PVC-free coating without softener.
- Optimal wear resistance with no-crack coating.